Thursday 5 April 2012

The Horror!

Alright Blogland, it's time to stop procrastinating and time to start writing!

Ever since completing a writing course and realising I wanted to work on some horror fiction I've been submerged in social network hell, living out my dream of writing through others and ending most days with a zero word count (compared to racking up hours on Facebook, blog sites and twitter).The death of every would-be writer.

However, like a dodgy American horror film, there's light at the end of the tunnel for me as I have now been working on two short stories that I am determined to finish and send out to publishers over the next few months.

I've read lots on how important an online presence is these days, but it's a slippery slope to the zero word count, whiling away all those hours on the Internet. As ever, doing it in moderation is the healthy way forward. I've set my weekly goals and aim to limit my social network lurking to times after I've hit my daily word count. Maybe I should have given up twitter for lent...!

While I'm aiming to get these stories published, and write more, I'm thinking of using the blog to share the story of how I work towards completing the shorts, and my luck with getting published, hopefully sharing some helpful thoughts on writing along the way.

Here's my first tip for those reading this and wanting to be published authors themselves. Stop reading this. Now.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment